Web Content Viewer

Military Members & Spouses

Application Instructions, Resources, and Additional Information for Psychologists & School Psychologists Serving in the Military

Application Process

The application for an Ohio psychologist/school psychologist license is available on the eLicense portal.

*Please note: You must add your degree/credentials as you would like them to appear on your license in the "last name" field, as there is not a field available to display academic degrees.

Once you have created an account, you will then be directed to a page on which you will choose "APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE."  Select "Psychology Board" and then the "Psychologist" or "School Psychologist" option under "Select a License."  Finally, under "Select an Application Type," select "Active Military Temporary." Upon saving and continuing through the eligibility questions, you will proceed through the application documenting your personal information, background information, conduct and legal questions, and attestations before submitting your application. You will be directed to a secure payment site to process your payment. Following payment of the fee, you will receive an automated email and a receipt.

For Psychologists & School Psychologists Serving in the Military

Individuals actively serving in the armed forces of the United States Military may request that the board waive the registration fee and CE requirements during a time of active duty pursuant to OAC § 4732-1-06. Please see http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4732-1-06.

Application Provisions: Veterans and Members of Armed Forces http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4732-9-05

Temporary License for Military Spouses http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4732-9-06

Ohio Veterans

For information and resources available to Ohio Veterans, please see the websites below or call the Ohio Department of Veterans Services at 1-877-OHIOVET.